CVKey California Privacy Notice
Last Updated: June 3, 2020
SafePassCV, Inc., a 501(c)(3)
DBA: The CVKey Project
6900 College Blvd., Suite 840
Overland Park, KA 66211
Privacy Rights Under California Law. If you’re a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Those rights include the following:
- Timely response. You have the right to make two free requests in any 12-month period. We will respond to your request within 45 days, and in more difficult cases we may extend our response time by another 45 days.
- Non-discrimination. We encourage our users to think carefully about their privacy and data sharing habits. And in no way would we ever hold it against one of our users should they choose to exercise the privacy rights granted them by the law. Don’t hesitate to reach out with questions or request.
Contacting Us. To make any inquiries, request, or exercise any of your rights granted under California law, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may need to go through a few verification steps after you reach out, but we’ll help you through that.
- Identifiers, such as your name, email address, IP address, or other similar identifiers. We primarily use these identifiers to create your account, maintain security of our services, and communicate with you. Information provided by Community Members in the app stays on the user device and are not sent to our servers for storage.
- Commercial information, from paying customers only, including payment history and purchase history. We primarily use this type of information to keep track of user transactions and for internal business and financial recordkeeping.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as session logs, information about your interaction with a website, or application. We primarily use this type of information to improve our own understanding of our services.
- Geolocation information, such as your IP address which provides a rough approximation of location.
- Education Information, such as the university or school you attend, if you choose to join a community that is a university or school
Information Sharing. In the past 12 months, we’ve disclosed the above categories of information with our service providers. For instance, we share personal data about our users with our data hosting and storage providers. We have agreements with our service providers which limit their ability to use your information and require them to ensure its confidentiality.